1. Our Lab is featured in a story regarding renewal of NSF funding for CSNE.
2. Publications updates:
(a) NeuroMEMS Group publishes in JMM & JME.
(i) J Microelectronics Engineering
(ii) J of Micro Machines and Micro Engineering
(iii) Book chapter on GC for neural probes
(b) Microfluidics Group (with collaborators at Biology Dept) publishes in PNAS. Link.
3. Our latest paper on Bionanoelectronics published by ECS ‘link‘.
4. Our Lab wins a research cooperative agreement contract with SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego (SSC Pacific). April-June 2014. Also in 2013.
5. Key-Note talks: ECS at SF. SPIE at SD.
6. Our paper on organic solar cell published in JMM is selected as ‘Highlights of 2012‘ & also featured at IEEE MEMS.
7. MEMS Lab is part of $18.5 million NSF ERC on sensorimotor neural engineering. Our partner institutions are University of Washington and MIT. Dr. Kassegne is Thrust Leader.
8. Coverage by San Diego Union Tribune Coverage by SDSU News Center
9. Coverage by Newspaper from Mexico & Latin AmericaCoverage by SDSU NewsCoverage by VonLiebig Center – UCSD.
10. Shanel Miller, Beejal Mehta, Mihir Parikh, Mieko Hirabayashi, and Kadir Toksoy win a DOE-sponsored renewable energy fellowship.
11. San Diego State University Improves MEMS Accelerometer Tunability – July 16, 2008. article here.
12. Sam’s Research Group’s work in 2003-2004 on software solution for wireless text messaging in a multi-script environment has been well received as a groundbreaking research. The outcomes include:
- 5 Patent Applications
- Press-Coverage (NY Times, Wired Magazine, Cape Times, Guardian, Taipei Times, Textually.org)
- Interview on VOA. (Interview in MP3 format)
13. Misc. Topics
- Interview with Admas Radio (January 2010). (Interview in MPEG format)
- Interview with Deutsche Welle Radio (Feb 2010). (Interview in MP3 format)