- Organic MEMS (C-MEMS) Lithography Procedures (Phoebe Shin & Michael Frank)(Description)
- OLED (Green Pholed) Preparation Procedure (by Mohammad Majzoub & Pablo Martin-Ramos) (Description)
- Organic PV Cells Preparation Procedure (by Ashish Gaikwad) (Description)
- Negative Photolithography using SU-8 (by Berhanu K. Wondimu and Mohammad Majzoub)(Description)
- Negative Photolithography using SU-8 for feature spacings < 100um (by Ashish Gaikwad and Mihir Parikh) (Description)
- Positive Photolithography (by Namratha Tata & Vinot Kumar Vijayaraghavan) (Description)
- Mask Preparation using AutoCAD (template file)
- Mask Preparation using CoventorWare (sample – HW for EE/ME 685)
- PDMS Mold Preparation Procedures (by Mike Frank) (Description)
- Multi-layer Litho & Mask Alignment for Ag/SU-8 Blend (by Gunay Ozturk) (Description)
Cleanroom Certification Program
Required Reading on Procedures
- Introduction. Link
- Positive Lithography. Link
- Negative Lithography. Link
- Metal Lift-off. Link
- Plasma & CF4 Dry Etching. Link
- Equipment List. Link
- Examination. Link
- Score-Sheet. Link
- Sample Exam. Link
MEMS Lab Handbook, Cleanroom Guidelines, Etiquettes, and Safety Documents
- MEMS Research Lab Handbook. Prepared by Sebastian Shaner.
- MEMS Research Lab Mask Layout Design Checklist.
- Cleanroom Basic Guidelines (Pieter van Niekerk). Video.
- Lab Guidelines and Etiquette. Link.
- Microfabrication Facilities Instructions (Saravana Pitchaikani). Instructions.
- Safety Training Material (Mike Frank + SDSU EHS). PPT File.
More Fab Procedures – Proprietary
- Aluminium Etching
- Thick Film Photoresist
- Image ReversalPhotoresist
- Photosensitive Polyimide Precursor
- Negative Resist NR9-1000P
- Procedure to establish OFF-process
- HD-4100 Series
- Initial Carbon Gandalf Protocol
- HD 4100
- Gandalf Gen I (1mm, 1mm spacing pillar) protocol
- Negative Resist NR9-3000P
- Futurrex NR9-3000PY Lift-Off Photoresist
- PISCES Fabrication
- Polyimide Device Protocols
- Positive Metal Lift Off
- Training in Handling Hazardous Materials
- Photodefineable Polyimide Processing
- POLYIMIDE HD4100 Process (Maria Vomero)
- Pyrolysis Protocol (MTI’s Split Tube Furnace)
PhD and MS Documents
- Procedure for MS students
- Procedure for PhD students
- Declaration of Academic Honesty and Integrity. Link
- Thesis Data & Publication Authorship Form. Link
- Link for CoventorWare 2010 Download (SDSU License Only). CoventorWare 2010.
- SDSU MEMS Research Group
- Cleanroom & MEMS Lab Supplies Inventory. (Updated 2016)